WEEKEND WALKS: A TRIP TO BLACKHEATH

A few weekends ago, when the weather was still spring-like, we managed to make a little trip to Blackheath, which I'd never been to before. I loved it - it was like a quaint little village in the middle of the big city. Lots of independent shops, restaurants and cafés and the most beautiful little antique book shop you can imagine. We immediately went in to browse through some old books and prints and to explore the massive shelves filled with weird and wonderful literature. The smell of an old bookshop gets me every time - a strange mix of nostalgia and happiness.

We met up with Ed and Susie and ventured across the Heath to Greenwich, walked past the Royal Observatory which was full of tourists who didn't know how to use their cameras, popped into the Maritime museum for a little bit, were disappointed by the museum shop (usually one of the best bits) and ooohd and aaaahd over Nelson's Ship in a Bottle by Yinka Shonibare.









My current wanna-live-in spots in London are Crystal Palace and Blackheath. But then there is still so much more to explore and I am sure I will change my mind, about where I'd like us to settle down one day, pretty soon. Especially considering that only five years ago I swore to myself that I would never live in South East London.

It's the weekend again tomorrow - whoop whoop! Anyone got any fun plans?






No comments:

Post a Comment