EARL GREY + CITRUS ICED TEA






Sunday was HOT, Monday even HOTTER and so it continues... We can happily announce that summer has finally arrived in the UK and we are one happy bunch over here.

I wouldn't be me if I didn't moan a little - cause that's what I do - "ooooh it's so hot and sweaty and I wish there was a pool..." and more than anything I really wanted iced tea. I almost went out to get a large bottle of Lipton Iced Tea. Then I realised that drinking a litre of that stuff surely wouldn't do us any good, put the kettle on made this.

Mat thought it was a little tart, so if you have a sweet tooth do add more sugar or honey. Personally I loved the varying sweet and sourness the different citrus fruit produced, all paired with the lemony, floral flavours from the bergamot and the subtle tannin from the black tea.

Definitely one of my favourite iced teas. I imagine this being great with a bit of lemonade or soda water for fizz and a generous dash of dark rum. Summer cocktail is all I say.

What's your favourite summer refreshment?

Etta xo
--------------
MAKES 1litre
PREPARATION 5mins

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 Earl Grey teabags (we used Duchy Original)
  • 1 1/2 lemons (you can use the other half for garnish)
  • 1 clementine
  • 1 lime
  • 5 teaspoons brown sugar (more or less depending on preference)
  • 1litre boiling water
PREPARATION METHOD
  1. Place the teabags in a heat proof jug and pour over the boiling water. Add the sugar and give everything a good stir. Leave to cool down for half an hour.
  2. Half the fruit and squeeze the juice into the tea adding the fruit as well. Leave to cool a little longer. Once luke warm, place in the fridge and enjoy over loads of ice.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that looks good! I will have to give this a try. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! It's pretty hot in France too, I can't believe it still felt like winter only two weeks ago. :)

    I'm currently drinking iced mint water all day. Everyday. My mint bush is, well, a bush, and I use mint in everything nowadays! Really refreshing and so easy to make. :)

    ReplyDelete