VANILLA, COCONUT + MANDARINE FROZEN YOGHURT LOLLIES




Let's talk fro-yo for a minute here... We've all been on it like there's no tomorrow. Mat and I keep looking out for BOGOFs on every trip to the supermarket and my work mates and I have been wandering over to the local frozen yoghurt chain in our lunch break, which has become a delicious yet pretty pricy re-occurrence.

Of course I thought, despite the fact that I haven't got an ice cream machine, that I can do this at home. I mean how difficult can it be... Take the yoghurt, put it in the freezer - Done. Well it didn't really work first time around and we ended up with a big block of banana, coconut, yoghurt mess - yuk. Then I purchased ice lolly moulds and tadaaaa - fro-yo ice lollies, guys.

You can make any flavour you want and to be honest, if you don't have lolly moulds just use paper or plastic cups (or old yoghurt containers - washed of course) and tongue sticks.

We made layered vanilla yoghurt lollies with coconut and clementine. No sugar, not fat, no guilt!!! Enjoy!

Etta xo
-------------
MAKES 4 lollies
PREPARATION 5mins
FREEZES IN 8hours

INGREDIENTS ( all approximate and depending on the size of your moulds)
  • 250g fat free greek yoghurt (you can either get a vanilla yoghurt (we used Yeo Valley) or greek yoghurt and honey or plain)
  • 2tbsp honey (if you're using plain yoghurt)
  • 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped out (if you're using plain yoghurt)
  • 2-3tsp unsweetened shredded coconut 
  • 1 mandarine, peeled and cut into small chunks or
    Frozen berries or any other fruit you fancy

PREPARATION METHOD
  1. Pour the yoghurt half way up the mould. Top with the mandarine and then a little more yoghurt. Add the coconut and mix it with the yoghurt, now top with the rest of the yoghurt.
  2. Put the tongue stick in and then freeze for 8 hours or more.
My favourite summer snack/dessert so far.


2 comments:

  1. I just sold my ice lolly moulds, and I'm going to dearly miss them now that it's hot! Your recipe sounds delish. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who needs moulds... just use plastic/paper cups and tongue sticks ;) x

      Delete